Flooding and water damage can be devastating to commercial businesses. Not only is the very structure of your business and all your equipment put at risk, but you can experience costly downtime while the situation is brought under control. To ensure your business gets back on track as quickly as possible, 24/7 Flood Rescue Westminster provides expert commercial flood damage restoration and mitigation services. We work closely with businesses to come up with customized plans and solutions.
How We Can Help
24/7 Flood Rescue Westminster is one of the most trusted names in water damage restoration services in California. We have a team of IICRC certified experts who are trained to deal with even the worst cases of flooding, be it from burst pipes, rainstorms, or sewage backups. Our flood damage services go beyond just pumping out the water. We offer comprehensive solutions to mitigate losses to your business, including property and downtime.
Here are some of the common commercial flood damage services we offer:
Because we know how serious water damage can be for your business, we guarantee 30 minute on site arrival upon receiving your phone call! We invests in the latest equipment and our water extraction machines handle even the toughest jobs. Once our technicians are on scene, they will first make sure that the premises are safe, such as whether there are any immediate health risks or fire hazards. They will also make sure that the source of the flooding has been contained and make any repairs which are necessary to control the water. If only one part of your business has been flooded, our water damage experts will take steps to ensure that the water and/or contamination doesn’t spread to other areas. Once the site and water floor are secure, we can begin the water damage remediation process. The process will vary depending on factors like the Category and Class of the water damage and the value of damaged property (in some cases, it might make more sense to replace than salvage).
We work closely with our commercial water damage customers to come up with plans which will minimize losses and downtime for their businesses, and also to ensure that they get up to safety codes as quickly as possible.
What to Do If Your Business Experiences Flooding Flooding usually catches business owners completely by surprise and they must scramble to figure out how to control and fix the problem. To minimize risk and damages, all businesses should have a flood plan in place.
Prevention is the Best Solution
In some cases, flooding can’t be avoided. However, all business owners should take steps to minimize the risk of water damage occurring. This includes:
Regular maintenance visits from a certified plumber: The plumber will make sure your business’s pipes are in good condition so you don’t experience water damage from leaks, burst pipes, or backups
Install a backwater valve: This will help prevent sewage backups.
Install a sump pump: This will prevent groundwater from entering the basement. Have the sump pump regularly checked to make sure it is working properly
Use quality materials on plumbing appliances, such as using braided mesh on dishwasher and washing machine hoses, to prevent malfunctions
Check eaves and downspouts: This should be done at least once per year in the spring. Make sure downspouts are at least 3 feet away from your business
Understand your insurance policy: Make sure you understand what type of flooding and water damage is covered under your insurance policy
Steps to Take After Flooding Occurs
Make sure you know what steps to take in the event that flooding does occur at your business.
1. Ensure Safety: Don’t enter the building if you think that the structure might not be stable. Note whether there are any structural threats like falling plaster or rotting stairs. If the building is safe to enter, shut off all gas, electricity, and fuel taps. Never touch electricity controls which are wet, or if the ground is wet. If you smell gas, leave the building immediately and call the fire department and your gas company.
2. Make Sure the Source of the Water is Contained: For example, if the water is coming from a burst pipe, then make sure you shut off the water main. If sewage backup is a problem, do not use any plumbing fixture in your business.
3. Call for Professional Water Damage Restoration Services: Even if you think the water damage was minimal, you should still call professionals. Otherwise, the damage could go from Category I to Category II or III quickly if mold and bacteria are allowed to grow.
4. Call Your Insurance Company: They will give you specific instructions to follow, such as how to document damage.
5. Document Damage: Using photo and video, document all damage. Our professionals at 24/7 Flood Rescue Westminster can help with this and will provide you with a damage assessment which can be used on your insurance claim.
6. Come Up with Restoration Plan: The commercial water damage experts at 24/7 Flood Rescue Westminster will work with your business to come up with a plan customized to your unique situation. This will involve steps like removing unsalvageable items, applying biocides to control mold, and monitoring moisture levels.
For all of your commercial flooding and water damage emergencies, 24/7 Flood Rescue Westminster is here to help. Call us today to learn more about our services or to have an emergency team dispatched to your business.